The Social Worker at Zaam Community Health Development Organisation (ZACHEDO) plays a critical role in providing essential support to individuals and families within the urban slum communities of Makindye Division. The Social Worker will connect clients with necessary resources, services, and assistance programs to address social, economic, and psychosocial challenges that impact their overall well-being. The Social Worker will work closely with community members, partner organizations, and the ZACHEDO team to empower clients and enhance their quality of life.
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients’ social and economic situations to identify challenges, strengths, and areas for intervention.
- Provide counseling and emotional support to individuals and families facing various difficulties, including poverty, domestic issues, substance abuse, and mental health concerns.
- Develop and implement individualized care plans in collaboration with clients, setting achievable goals and objectives.
- Assist clients in accessing community resources, social services, financial assistance programs, and healthcare services.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to ensure that clients receive comprehensive and integrated care, addressing both medical and social needs.
- Advocate on behalf of clients to ensure their rights are respected and they have equal access to opportunities and services.
- Organize and facilitate support groups, workshops, and educational sessions to empower clients with necessary life skills.
- Maintain accurate and confidential case records, documenting assessments, interventions, progress, and outcomes.
- Participate in team meetings, case conferences, and professional development activities to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with partner organizations, government agencies, and community stakeholders to expand access to resources.
- Contribute to program planning and evaluation, providing insights into the social determinants of health and suggesting improvements.
- Stay informed about local social services, policies, and trends, and integrate this knowledge into practice.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Work or a related field.
- Previous experience in social work, preferably in community-based settings or with disadvantaged populations.
- Strong understanding of social determinants of health, poverty, and urban slum dynamics.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and active listening skills.
- Empathy, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to build rapport with diverse clients.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to complex challenges.
- Proficiency in documentation and record-keeping.
- Knowledge of local social services, government assistance programs, and community resources.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Compassionate and nonjudgmental approach to working with clients.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple cases and tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in relevant computer software and tools.
Zaam Community Health Development Organisation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.