Adolescent sexual and reproductive health promotion.
To increase adolescent access to youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
- To address the high STI/HIV/AIDS prevalence.
- To respond to the increased number of unwanted/unplanned teenage pregnancies.
- To address the increased incidences and prevalence of unsafe abortions.
The minimum package of youth-friendly SRH services included;
- Information and counseling on sexuality, safe sex, and reproductive health.
- Contraception and protective method provision.
- STI diagnosis and management.
- HIV counseling (and referral for testing and care).
- Pregnancy testing and antenatal and postnatal care.
- Counseling on sexual violence and abuse (and referral for needed services).
- Post-abortion care (PAC) counseling and contraception.
- Training of staff in the quality provision of youth-friendly SRH services.
- 7,893 women and youth utilized modern family planning services through facility-based and community outreach programs.
- 3902 were treated syndromically for STIs.
- 150 were managed for post-abortion care.5234 were counseled and tested or HIV/AIDS.